Kollmorgen introduces AKM8 servomotors – the latest addition to the company’s global, field-proven AKM motor series. With an unrivaled feature-set to satisfy global requirements right from the base hardware, AKM8 motors deliver higher torque density to cover the broadest torque/speed range in a housing that is 30% smaller than any standard motor in its class available today. As a result machine builders can reduce the size of their machines without sacrificing performance, or they can select a longer stack length to achieve higher performance without having to specify a larger, more expensive motor that would typically require mechanical changes to the machine.
The AKM high performance motor series offers a wide range of mounting, connectivity, feedback and other options and, with the addition of the AKM8, is now available in 8 frame sizes, 28 frame/stack combinations and 112 ‘standard’ windings. The result is more choice and flexibility to satisfy the exact needs of even more global applications, with the favorable delivery times and lower cost of a standard product.
· Two standard flange/shaft combinations designed to seamlessly integrate with 80% – 90% of machine builder needs around the globe, with no modifications to the customer flange needed.
· Designed to operate at 230, 400, 480 VAC, eliminating the need for voltage transformation for machines that will be deployed in various geographic regions.
· Feature Class F insulation for a temperature rating of 155°C, and provide stall torque from 75 to 180 Nm, operating speeds up to 2500 rpm, and power up to 19.8 KW, with bearing lifetime rated to 20,000 h.
· These motors are RoHS and REACH compliant, UL listed, and carry the CE mark.
· A low-cog design provides smooth performance to maximize power efficiency and improve the quality of final product, making it a particularly attractive motor solution in metal forming and processing, printing, converting, molding, and alternative energy applications, among others.
Features: AKM Motor Series
· Robust one-piece housing with potted windings for maximum wire isolation and excellent heat dissipation, resulting in robust performance and long life in even the most demanding application environments.
· Market-standard high resolution feedback options for high- performance/precision or rugged environments are available, including Endat, BISS, Hiperface, and resolver option, among others.
· Available for low or high speed (to 8000 rpm) applications, with windings that can be applied to all standard global voltages including 75 VDC, 120, 240, 400 and 480 VAC.
· Number of options is available to satisfy wide ranging application needs including a reinforced bearing to handle higher radial force, a sealing option to achieve IP67 protection at the flange, as well as varied connectivity and mounting options.
For truly unique applications where the more than 200,000 standard AKM offerings don’t meet the requirements of a given application, the Kollmorgen engineering support team can work alongside OEMs to customize a solution to satisfy their needs.
AKD motors can also be combined with Kollmorgen’s AKD™ Ethernet-based servo drives for a perfectly matched high performance servo system. No matter what the application demands, AKD offers industry-leading servo performance, communication options, and power levels, all in a smaller footprint than competitive options – and when paired with AKM servomotors and our best-in-class components, we can help increase a machine’s overall effectiveness by up to 50% over other leading motor and drive combinations.
Information on the AKM Brushless Servo Motors can be viewed at the following webpage-
For more information, please contact: