Quantum Devices of Barneveld, MI have just released a New Low Profile, High Resolution Optical Encoder, the LP12 Series.
The model LP12 optical encoder provides an improved feedback solution in applications typically using modular encoders. With an over all height of less than an inch and the stability of a bearing encoder design, the model LP12 can provide significant performance upgrades in applications limited by traditional modular encoder solutions.
Outputs consist of a quadrature with index pulse (Incremental or Sinusoidal) and three-phase commutation. A flexible member allows for much greater tail shaft run out and TIR than can be tolerated by modular encoder designs, plus it provides 30 degrees of rotation for commutation timing.
- Low profile assembled height of 0.816″
- Bearing design simplifies encoder attachment
- Incremental Resolutions up to 20,000 cycles per revolution
- SIN/COS Resolutions up to 1250 cycles per revolution
- Standard 4, 6 or 8 pole commutation
- Multiple Bolt Circle mounting
- Through shaft sizes up to 0.3125″Ø/ 8mmØ
- High Noise Immunity
- Cost Competitive with Modular Encoders
- 500 kHz Frequency Response
- RoHS Construction
More information on the LP12 Series from Quantum Devices can be found at:
For more information, please contact: