Join us for a Live Webinar presented by maxon motors on January 21, 2014
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now.
Register now to watch this webinar live or anytime after January 21, 2014.
This webinar will include a general discussion on DC Servo (brush and brushless) Motor Technology and the benefits of using maxon’s EC HD (electronically commutated heavy duty) motors in extreme environment applications, including a brief introduction to maxon’s EC HD motor & gearbox family. A technical discussion will follow on the operation, construction and modification of EC HD motors and gearboxes for extreme environments such as: vacuum, downhole, high temperature, submersible, space rated, high shock/vibration, low temperature, etc.), including the following discussion topics:
- EC HD operation in air vs. in oil
- How extreme temperature operation affects motor performance
- Why the maxon winding is critical in battery powered applications and how this benefits MWD (Measurement While Drilling) tool service life
- Consideration of IR losses (IR drop) when running EC HD motor cables up to 5000 meters
- Suitability of the EC HD motor for backdriveability
- Using the EC HD motor as a generator in downhole applications
- Spindle applications using the EC HD motor platform
- EC HD operation in ultra-high vacuum: Outgassing, Heating and Performance Derating considerations?
Title: Extreme Environment Operation of DC Servo Motors
Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Presenters: Dr. Urs Kafader & Dr. Robin Phillips, maxon motor AG
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.