Voice coil actuators, or non-commutated DC linear actuators, consist of a permanent magnetic field assembly (permanent magnets and ferrous steel) and a coil assembly. The current flowing through the coil assembly interacts with the permanent magnetic field and generates a force vector perpendicular to the direction of the current. The force vector can be reversed by changing the polarity of current flowing through the coil.
Voice coil actuators are typically used in focusing applications, oscillatory systems, mirror tilting, and miniature position control.
Electromate offers a full family of Voice Coil Motors & Voice Coil Modules from Akribis Systems. Features include:
- Direct drive, zero cogging, and zero backlash
- Low coil mass with very fast response and bandwidth
- No contact between coil and core movement (no wear and tear)
- Cylindrical or rectangular shape
- A variety of Voice Coil Motors and Voice Coil Modules (Position Actuators)
- Smooth motion at low speeds with limitless resolution (depends on feedback device)
CLICK HERE to view the Akribis Voice Coil Motor & Voice Coil Module Family.
Akribis Systems designs and manufactures servo motors, stages and precision systems that are used in equipment for manufacturing, inspection and testing. Products include: ironless linear motors and stages, iron core linear motors and stages, voice coil motors and modules and direct drive rotary motors, and complex precision systems.
Akribis Systems supports a wide range of industries including semiconductor, flat panel, data storage, photonics, biomedical, life science and electronics manufacturing.
For more information, please contact:
Tags: Akribis, Akribis Systems, Voice Coil Motor, Voice Coil Module, Voice Coil Actuator, Electromate